![]() |
| Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica |
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Finally a decent internet connection! Got to talk to everyone on Skype today which was very nice. Tami returned to Syracuse this morning. I'm feeling a little blue but holding up well otherwise. Had an interesting conversation with a local "tico" accountant and the bus ride here and also met a Belgian volunteer who is working with turtles a little north of here. Puerto Viejo reminds me of Cay Caulker in Belize. It has wonderful Caribbean charm although it is definitely commercialized. Tonight's specials are all you can eat sushi for $10 at the "Chile Rojo" and "Reggae Night" at Johnny's place. I got a dusky soak on the beach which was wonderful. I'm staying in "private room" for $10 a night. It's a little like a monk's cell except smaller. I like it though. Windows on two ends and a ceiling fan. The people are helpful and friendly. I've already been scheduled for a surfing lesson tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment